John’s passion for wine-making began to develop while being mentored by two local men who owned a wine-making supplies store in the area at the time. This enthusiastic group of winemakers decided to start a club where they could share knowledge and experience with other local winemakers. John and Dot’s appreciation for wine grew from sweet wines, to semi-sweet, and then to dry wines. John continued to research his new hobby and in 2007 started to plant his own vineyard.
John and Dot decided to take the plunge into becoming winery owners in 2011. Starting small, they continued to increase their wine selections as well as the size of their business. Since they’ve made and love a variety of styles of wines, they understand the importance of having a wide variety of offerings for their customers. They’ve grown from selling wine out of their garage, to having a satellite store in a neighboring county and are now building a new facility to better accommodate their higher levels of production as well as customer flow.
John and Dot are directly involved in all aspects of their winery operations from vineyard, to wine-making, to tasting rooms sales and off-site events, and to packaging and preparing wine shipments. They recently started the local Washington County Chapter of the American Wine Society and continue to help local home winemakers with advice and support through the club and sales of wine making supplies at the winery.
John and Dot invite each of you to stop in and experience the relaxing environment they have created on their 16-acre property in rural Washington County.
- Our Eighty Four location is closed for the Winter and will reopen the first weekend in April. Our Washington location at the Street at the Meadows will remain open as usual. December 6, 2019
- Both Eighty Four and Street at the Meadows locations will be closing at 5pm today, October 19th, due to a private party. We will resume regular business hours tomorrow, Sunday, October 20th with music by Good Guys at the Eighty Four location! October 19, 2019
- Join us this Sunday, Oct 13, for Wine & Music on the Patio w/ music by J.R. Rebelo! October 9, 2019
- Yes, we are having music today, Sunday, October 6th! Music upstairs in the Barn from 2-5, Steelers game downstairs, Hot Bunz Food Truck! Come on out and see us! October 6, 2019
- Wine & Music on the Patio, Sunday, October 6th, 2-5! Music by Brad Bendis, Hot Bunz Food Truck! In case of rain, will be moved to the barn. October 5, 2019
Eighty Four Location
290 Roupe Rd
Eighty Four, Pennsylvania 15330
The Street Location
100 Adios Drive, Suite 1030
Washington, Pennsylvania 15330
Eighty Four Location Hours
Friday12pm - 8pm
Saturday12pm - 8pm
Sunday12pm - 6pm
The Street Business Hours
Monday12:00pm - 6:00pm
Tuesday12:00pm - 6:00pm
Wednesday12:00pm - 8:00pm
Thursday12:00pm - 8:00pm
Friday12:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday12:00pm - 8:00pm
Sunday12:00pm - 6:00pm